Thursday, November 18, 2010

YRPA's first official alumnus

Wayne and I discussed at the very beginning how YRPA, like every good organization, should have an alumni network. Well, I will be YRPA's first official alumnus (although technically Wayne was an alumnus before me since his Backpacking in a Suit project very much constitutes work!). I was always open to returning to work if and when the right opportunity presented itself, and it did.

As I posted almost a year ago, I took the patent bar, in part to keep my brain flowing and in part to enrich my skill set in preparation for just this kind of opportunity. I wasn't searching very hard for a job, which only makes me more certain it was meant to be. I am now with a small firm in downtown Palo Alto, Kokka & Backus, PC, that not only does very interesting Intellectual Property work, but also is run by some very nice, very smart people. Most importantly to me, it seems like an environment where I can thrive professionally as well as maintain my hobbies.

I am sad in a way to give up my active member status in YRPA, but very grateful for this awesome opportunity. Thanks for all of the support these past two years! I will keep in touch, and be back again at the end of this new career adventure.

2 comments:

  1. We hate to loose a good member Alice, but we're happy that you have shifted into the Alumni network! We welcome you back to the fully retired fold anytime you want to come back (even though "we" here is just me for now....)

    Perhaps we should also create an "aspirants" group... people who want to become members at some future time but can't do it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already know lots of people that aspire to be members!

    ReplyDelete